This is another quick and delicious summer meal. You can roast the asparagus and tomatoes in the oven or on the grill.
- 1 lb large shrimp – cooked (or cook in pot of boiling salted water til just pink, then drain and cool)
- 12 asparagus spears
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil – divided
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt – divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper – divided
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried herbes de Provence
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives – halved
- 4 cups baby greens (or your favorite salad green)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain and set aside.
3. Place asparagus and tomatoes on a sheet pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Toss gently to coat; arrange asparagus and tomato mixture in a single layer. Bake at 400° for 6 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. (You can also do this on the grill! Let it heat for 10 min or so first. Remove asparagus from pan. Place pan back in oven, and bake tomatoes an additional 4 minutes. Remove tomatoes from pan; let asparagus and tomatoes stand 10 minutes. Cut asparagus into 1-inch lengths; halve tomatoes.
4. Combine shallots and the next 4 ingredients (through honey) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add remaining 3 tablespoons oil, stirring constantly with a whisk. Stir in remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
5. Place asparagus, tomato, olives, greens and shrimp in a large bowl; toss. Drizzle juice mixture over, toss it all together, and sprinkle with cheese.