- 2 large egg whites
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 cups kale, trimmed & thinly sliced. (I prefer the curly type, but use Lacinato (the long dark green leaves), red, or any kind you like).
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 ounces turkey Italian sausage (hot or mild) – cooked and crumbled (or use sliced smoked sausage)
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 ounce crumbled feta cheese
1. Preheat broiler to high. Combine egg whites, eggs, salt, pepper, and milk; stir with a whisk.
2. Heat a 9-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Sauté kale in olive oil until tender.
3. Layer in sausage and bell pepper.
4. Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese.
5. Carefully pour egg mixture over cheese. Cook over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes or until eggs are partially set; then broil 5 inches from heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned and almost set.